An IFRIS/DIM IS2-IT International Workshop
12-13 December 2013, Champs-sur-Marne, France
The Institute For Research and Innovation in Society (IFRIS) and the Région Ile-de-France are pleased to announce the holding of an international conference on standardization and innovation. It will take place next 12 and 13 December, at the Ecole Nationale des Ponts et chaussées in Champs sur Marne. It will be held in English.
The conference is designed to discuss the paradoxical relationship between standardization and innovation. Far from just compelling innovation, standards and standardization are consistent, and therefore allow, influence innovation. Standardization is an important space for action and investment for all stakeholders seeking to promote innovation.
Twelve researchers will speak on this issue:
- Larry Busch (Michigan State University, USA),
- Patrick Castel (Centre de Sociologie des Organisations, France),
- Tineke Egyedi (Université de Delft, Pays-Bas),
- Patrick Feng (Université de Calgary, Canada),
- Christian Frankel (Copenhagen Business School, Danemark),
- Jean-Christophe Graz (Université de Lausanne, Suisse),
- Christopher Groves (Université de Cardiff, RU),
- Brice Laurent (Mines Paris Tech, France),
- Isabel Liotard (Centre d’Economie de Paris Nord, France),
- Sigrid Quack (Université de Duisburg-Essen, Allemagne),
- Maarten Van Der Kamp (Hult International Business School, RU),
- Robin Williams (Université d’Edinbourgh, RU).
The conference will be based on a ‘slow talk’ format, leaving as much time as possible for discussion. It will begin at 10:00 am, Thursday, December 12, and end the next day at 1:00 pm.
To register for this workshop and for any information, please send a message to Allison Loconto: firstname.lastname@example.org