The Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (National Center for Scientific Research) is a public research organization that produces knowledge and puts this knowledge to the benefit of society.
As the largest fundamental research organization in Europe, CNRS carried out research in all fields of knowledge, through its seven institutes:
- Institute of Biological Sciences (INSB)
- Institute of Chemistry (INC)
- Institute of Ecology and Environment (INEE)
- Institute for Humanities and Social Sciences (INSHS)
- Institute for Information Sciences and Technologies (INS2I)
- Institute for Engineering and Systems Sciences (INSIS)
- Institute of Physics (INP)
and three national institutes:
- National Institute for Mathematical Sciences (INSMI)
- National Institute of Nuclear and Particle Physics (IN2P3)
- National Institute for Earth Sciences and Astronomy (INSU)
CNRS encourages collaboration between specialists from different disciplines in particular with the university thus opening up new fields of enquiry to meet social and economic needs. CNRS has developed interdisciplinary programs which bring together various CNRS departments as well as other research institutions and industry.
See the website.Liste des membres : Simeng Wang