Deadline : May 31 2013
4 post-doctoral positions are available at the French Institute “Research, Innovation, Society” (Institut Francilien Recherche, Innovation, Société – www.ifris.org).
The post-doc fellows selected will undertake an original research project on the production and mobilisation of science and technologies in contemporary societies, including the following topics:
- New explorations on innovation processes (bottom up innovation, « Responsible » innovation, “Social” innovation)
- Socio-technical transitions and governance of change
- Property rights and scientific commons
- Regulation of techno-scientific activities and their products
- Government of the scientific public sphere
- Science and governance, Scales of government, Earthly Politics
- Regimes and institutions of knowledge
- Construction of futures.
Post-doc fellows will be hosted by one of the IFRIS Research Groups. We highly recommend to contact them as soon as possible since a good integration in the groups is one of the core objectives of the IFRIS post-doc programme:
- CAK (Centre Alexandre Koyré), contact : Dominique Pestre (firstname.lastname@example.org), Amy Dahan (Amy.Dahan-Dalmedico@damesme.cnrs.fr)
- CERMES3 (Centre de recherche Médecine, Sciences, Santé et Société), Contact : Jean-Paul Gaudillière (email@example.com)
- CEPN (Centre d’Economie de Paris Nord), Contact : Benjamin Coriat (firstname.lastname@example.org), David Flacher (email@example.com)
- CNAM : LIRSA (Laboratoire Interdisciplinaire de Recherche en Science de l’Action), contact : Gilles Garel (firstname.lastname@example.org) et LISE (Labo Interdisciplinaire pour la Sociologie Economique), contact : Jean-Louis Laville (email@example.com)
- INRA-SenS (Sciences en Société), Contact : Marc Barbier (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- IRD : UMR Développement et Sociétés, Contact : Rigas Arvanitis (email@example.com) et UMR PaLoc Contact Frédéric Thomas (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- LATTS (Laboratoire Techniques, Territoires, Sociétés), Contact : Ashveen Peerbaye (email@example.com), Philippe Larédo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Post-doc researchers are eligible for a contract of up to 24 months, under the standard French salary and work status. Contract starts according to candidate’s constraints.
Researchers holding a doctoral degree or having fulfilled all the obligations of a PhD (certified by their supervisor) in a field relevant to the IFRIS research topics. Candidates cannot apply for a post doc in the group where they have prepared their PhD.
Formal applications will include:
- a one page resume/CV
- a list of publications
- 2-3 publications in pdf format
- a statement of proposed research (in English, 5 to 10 pages) including a (preliminary/provisional) budget for travel expenses
- a letter by a member of the hosting research group. The letter will state how the candidate’s project will be integrated in the group and the collaboration and support she will benefit
- Candidates will also name two referees and make sure that their referees send their letters in due time (June 20th at the latest)
- Quality of the research project
- Relevance in relation to the IFRIS research strategies (http://ifris.org/presentation/)
- Quality of the integration of the candidate’s project in the hosting research group
- Quality of the candidate
The application will be sent in one single file, pdf format, and will be registred under the following name :
Name_appelpostdoc_IFRIS.pdf (where « name » is ths last name of the candidate).
Applications will be sent before May 31st, 2013 to : Siméone Boston, IFRIS (email@example.com)