This call for applications covers visits of PhD candidates or post-doctoral researchers from 2 to 6 months in a foreign institution (named as “host” in the following). The host should be located in a European or non-European country.
The next deadline is October 15th, 2016.
Candidates are eligible on condition they are PhD candidates (2nd and 3rd year) or post-doctoral researchers in IFRIS members team.
This call will be launched 3 times a year. Next deadlines are March 15th, 2016 – June 15th, 2016 and October 15th, 2016.
Candidates can apply for a total of a 6 months period :
- Two times 3 months abroad
- Three times 2 months abroad
- One time 4 months abroad + one time 2 months abroad
Successful applicants will receive a monthly allowance of a maximum amount of 1 500 euros. IFRIS will provide funding for round-trip airfare for each trip (a discounted economy-class ticket).
- Fill in the on-line form.
- Send an english CV by email to Marianne Noël (of the suggested length of one page), as well as a research project in English (focused on a research area dealt with the hosting team), two letters of references (one from your home supervisor, one from the host supervisor), and a preliminary/provisional budget.
Decision will be announced at least 3 weeks after the deadline.
The proposal will be evaluated by two foreign experts in accordance with the following criteria:
- Scientific excellence
- Relevance of the project to IFRIS
- Benefit to research career and PhD studies
- Benefit to host