Call for Application
For 2017, the Max Weber Foundation and the Historisches Kolleg are inviting applications for the third time for the International Research Award. The International Research Award is worth 30,000 Euros.
The aims of the International Research Award include, amongst others, the recognition of the achievements of those scholars whose work to date has made an exemplary contribution to international research in the fields of the humanities and social and cultural sciences.
The award includes the option of a period of research spent in Munich. The awardee can also conduct an international colloquium at the Historisches Kolleg.
Scholars from the host countries and regions of the institutes of the Max Weber Foundation are eligible for nomination. Academics from research facilities in Germany are eligible to nominate.
Please submit papers by 15 November 2016.
Members of the award jury
- Prof. Dr. Hans van Ess (President of the Max Weber Foundation)
- Prof. Dr. Hartmut Leppin (Goethe-Universität Frankfurt)
- Prof. Dr. Valeska von Rosen (Ruhr-Universität Bochum)
- Prof. Dr. Karen Shire (Universität Duisburg-Essen)
- Prof. Dr. Martin Schulze Wessel (Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München)
- Prof. Dr. Andreas Wirsching (Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Historisches Kolleg, Institute of Contemporary History)
For further information contacts: